Thursday 19 March 2009

A busy day!

I wasn't sure how successful my taster treatments would be at the Complementary Health Fair on Saturday. Well, I needn't have worried, I was rushed off my feet! I sure was tired by the end of the day, but it was wonderful to be so busy, and in a short space of time take people from feeling tense, achey, stressed, anxious, or just a bit blah, to feeling released, relaxed, or in the words of one client, 'like a different person' afterwards! My apologies to anyone who I didn't have time to give a treatment, and to anyone who would have liked to have a chat but didn't manage to catch me between tasters (which were running back to back most of the afternoon). Please feel free to give me a ring or drop me an email if you had anything you wanted to ask me, as well as for anyone who wants to make an appointment for a treatment. If you haven't got one of my leaflets with my contact details, my email is on my profile page and is Holistyx(AT)googlemail.com. Replace the (AT) with the @ sign (sharing it this way is supposed to mean I get less spam!)

The day started off quiet - I had my treatment couch set up ready and my information out for when the fair opened at 10.... but only a trickle of people through the doors at first, and other stallholders coming round or a chat. Then, my very first prospective client at 10.40, turned out to have a medical condition which meant I could not treat her without doctors permission! It was such a disappointment for both of us. She only wanted a hand or foot massage 'taster', but I had been advised by the Federation of Holistic Therapists that even when doing that, we have to stick to the same professional cautions as we do when offering a full treatment. The same happened again later with a pregnant lady. So my regrets again to both of you if you are reading.

I was surprised at how many people wanted a foot rub and a bit of reflexology from me, when there were about 4 or 5 of us offering reflexology in the room, including people on either side of my couch. I wonder if it as becuase I emphasized the foot rub part?? Saturday afternoon in town after a mornings shopping, lots of achey feet! Mind you, when I did my first client wanting the back rub part of Indian Head Massage, at 2.15, I got a crowd of people watching, and more people booked in for back or head. I was told so afterwards. I had noticed a couple of people watching but was too absorbed in what I was doing to realise how many there were!

Right, time to get ready for an appointment...

Ceri

No comments:

Post a Comment