Thursday 1 April 2021

Changing Professional Association from FHT to APNT

I will be able to re-open when England goes into Phase 2 of the 'roadmap' out of lockdown. The government has told us that will be at the earliest, from the 12th April. We will hear on Monday 5th whether that has the go ahead, or if it has to be put back. So, watch this space!
 
Meanwhile, as part of preparing to re-open Holistyx... I have changed my Professional Association.
 
I have been an active member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) for over 10 years. I co-founded, with Isobel Hamid a local support group for Therapists in association with them, running it from January 2011 to December 2015. We then passed it on to new Co-ordinators after having run 47 meetings with speakers on a wide range of topics over those 5 years. However I have not been happy with their advice and support and their leadership on behalf of our Industry since the Covid-19 pandemic. So I let my membership come to an end.  

I have now joined:

APNT - The Association of Physical & Natural Therapists
 a much smaller organisation, which I have been very impressed by over the last year, who have provided timely, friendly information, advice and guidance including to those of us who were not even members. So, now I am Ceri Turner MAPNT (Member of APNT). 

Through the APNT I am also a member of:

BCMA - The British Complementary Medicine Association 
Established in 1992, the BCMA is an international umbrella organisation for CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine), for the benefit of therapists and their clients. It aims to raise the awareness of CAM therapies by providing a communication link between associations, the government, and the public and to assist in the integration of CAM into the British Healthcare system.

GCMT - The Council for Soft Tissue Therapies
A forum where Professional Associations who represent massage, bodywork and soft tissue therapies come together to discuss and resolve industry issues, aiming to work collectively in the best interests of the profession. GCMT members define the massage core curriculum.

I have also changed Insurance to be with Holistic Insurance Services

No comments:

Post a Comment